Assertive Community Treatment is one of the most effective evidence based practices in mental health treatment. Over 30 years of research has demonstrated that high fidelity ACT programs reduce psychiatric hospitalization and utilization of acute care; increase housing stability; and improve quality of lives.
OCEACT staff have published about all the wonderful work ACT programs across Oregon have accomplished to implement high fidelity and recovery-oriented services. This article highlights some of the innovative strategies that Oregon has used to make ACT accessible to as many Oregonians as possible in urban, rural and frontier communities.
All ACT programs in Oregon will begin submitting their ACT program outcomes to a new web based portal beginning quarter 1 2018. For more information, please contact Alyssa Kerlinger:
ACT Outcome Domains:
- Participation in education and employment activities
- Psychiatric hospital and acute care utilization
- Legal involvement
- Living environment
- Homelessness / housing instability
- Residing in structured setting
- Independent living
- Addiction treatment participation and completion
- Involvement of natural supports in treatment
The ‘OAD Export Template’ is NOT a required document, but can be used to copy and paste the OAD export file into to ease reading data: