If you have attended a live training and CEUs are not offered, then you can request a certificate of attendance from OCEACT. Contact Alyssa Kerlinger: email@example.com
Please also check-out our monthly technical assistance calls, nurse consultation & trainings, and peer support calls for additional ongoing technical assistance and consultation.
Upcoming OCEACT Webinar Trainings:
- ACT 101 Training – 2021 Quarterly offering!
**Upon completion of each 3 day ACT 101 training, a certificate of 11.25 CEUs will be granted. CEU certificates will not be granted for partial attendance.
- Hearing Distressing Voices Simulation
Training Recordings & Slides
- Primer on Strengths Assessments with Jeff Krolick from OCEACT
- Date: Apr 13, 2021 10am & 3pm Pacific Time
- Meeting Recording Link
- Access Passcode: Qxh4M!JB
- Aid and Assist Training with Brenda Dennis, ACT Program Coordinator and Cody Gabel, Forensic Diversion Coordinator, Aid and Assist, Jail Diversion, and PSRB from the Oregon Health Authority
- Date: Apr 15, 2021 09:59 AM Pacific Time
- Meeting Recording Link
- Access Passcode: Aid&Assist4.15
CommonGround – Pat Deegan and Associates (PDA) Academy + Library
The Oregon Supported Employment Center for Excellence (OSECE) and the Oregon Center of Excellence for Assertive Community Treatment (OCEACT), in collaboration with the Oregon Health Authority and Options for Southern Oregon, are sponsoring access to Pat Deegan’s Academy + Library, which combines thousands of recovery-oriented tools in the Recovery Library with self-paced, online courses that teach the foundations of the CommonGround Program.
Currently, access to the Academy + Library is only available to ACT and Supported Employment/Education staff. If you are involved with ACT or Supported Employment in Oregon, please reach out to someone from OCEACT or OSECE for the registration link.
Academy + Library Orientation Video: Below is a link to the CommonGround Academy + Library Orientation. This one hour meeting reviews how to access and navigate the Academy + Library and explores some of the material and resources offered.
Academy + Library Orientation Video Passcode: Orientation4U!
Consultations with Pat Deegan and Associates (PDA)
As a part of the OCEACT and OSECE’s subscription to the CommonGround Academy + Library, ACT and Supported Employment have access to several consultation calls with Pat Deegan and Associates (PDA).
- 1st Consultation Call: March 30, 2021 – Using Recovery Library to Create Synergy Between the Work of Peer Specialists and Clinicians
- Patricia Deegan, PhD explored the role of peer specialists working on clinical teams. She described some of the differences between the peer support role and the clinical role and demonstrated how specific tools in Recovery Library help peer supporters and clinicians work together, especially around supporting people in their use of psychiatric medications. If you missed this call or would like to re-watch, please follow the link below for the recording.
- Meeting Recording Link (see required passcode below): https://zoom.us/rec/share/ydaPFEL5IKgRe40XTHZ_VBVbkBEwMMFt0kX6bd8hdo3kH1P3ss1snx_rB7TTRNZR.jEra83-VEI7nZNsY
- Access Passcode: Deegan3.30
- 2nd Consultation Call: April 26th, 2021 & Repeated on May 18th, 2021 – Recovery Library to Create Synergy Between the Work of Peer Specialists and Clinicians
- Patricia E. Deegan PhD explored the role of peer specialists working on clinical teams. She described some of the differences between the peer support role and the clinical role. Then, she demonstrated how specific tools in Recovery Library help peer supporters and clinicians work together, especially around supporting people in their use of psychiatric medications.
- Presentation Slides
Evidence-based Practice Trainings Available Upon Request:
One of the main services that OCEACT can provide to ACT teams is providing training in evidence-based practices. Below you will find a list of training’s and a brief description of the training. If there is a training you would like to receive, or if there is a training that is not listed below that you would like to learn more about, please contact a member of the OCEACT team.
The ACT in Action training is a one day training offered by OCEACT where your team will learn the basics of ACT. We will cover everything from the history of ACT, the make up of an ACT team, and the steps of implementing ACT. The training covers all the key components of the ACT model, including: the team approach; community based services, 24/7 crisis coverage; integrated dual disorder treatment; and integrated care.
Enhanced Illness Management and Recovery (EIMR)
The EIMR training is a one and a half day training that focuses on the EIMR material and how to implement it in one-on-one sessions and in groups.
Cognitive Behavioral Social Skills Training (CBSST)
The CBSST training is a half day training that focuses on the tools needed to implement CBSST and how it fits in with other modalities that your team is currently using.
Motivational Interviewing (MI)
The MI training is a one day training that focuses on a collaborative, goal-oriented style of communication with particular attention to the language of change. This training will review the basic framework of MI along with the development of micro-skills like open ended questioning, affirmations, reflective listening, and summarizing statements. Role playing is included for skill acquisition.
*If there is a training you would like to receive, or if there is a training that is not listed above that you would like to learn more about, please contact a member of the OCEACT team.