Supported Employment Program Specialist
Clatsop Behavioral Healthcare is seeking a Supported Employment Program (SEP) Specialist. The Supported Employment Program Specialist assists individuals who experience mental health symptoms gain the skills to obtain and maintain employment, helping lead them to self-sufficiency. They will provide one-on-one community-based contact with clients to assist the client in job searches and skills training. This position creates strong relationships with employment contacts in the community through outreach and engagement efforts. The SEP Specialist encourages clients to actively pursue appropriate employment opportunities. This position helps to maintain a strength-based and recovery-oriented perspective and approach in working with clients, community partners, and as part of a treatment team.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Provide Supported Employment Services to clients in EASA, ACT, CSS, and Adult Outpatient Mental Health programs.
• Maintain a strength-based and recovery-oriented perspective and approach in working with clients, community partners, and as part of a treatment team.
• Provide 1:1, community-based contact with assigned clients across settings including: the client’s home, library or other community setting, or the client’s place of employment.
• Ongoing and persistent job development including the creation of relationships with businesses and clients to obtain long-term employment options that lead to self-sufficiency.
• Complete regular documentation towards billing and statistical compliance. All documentation must be completed within 24 hours per Oregon Administrative Rules.
• Establish crucial relationships with other service providers and community partners to ensure continuity of care. Obtain indicated Release of Information agreements when discussing specific clients with other service providers and community partners. Create new community connections where appropriate.
• Teach, model, and foster the skills to obtain and maintain employment with clients.
• Attend assigned team meetings
• Report any abuse under role as a Mandated Reporter.
• Complete fidelity tracking and participate in fidelity reviews for assigned programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science field
• Registered as a QMHA or ability to register as a QMHA within 30 days of employment.
• All training for this position is provided by employer or OSECE at the agency expense.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multitask from anywhere in the service region.
• Required to have and maintain an Oregon or Washington Driver’s license and meet the agency’s insurance carrier’s insurance standards at the time of hire
• Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• Degree in social work or occupational rehabilitation with 1-2 years of work experience
• Knowledge of local resources and available benefits within Clatsop County.
• Knowledge or experience with Clatsop Community College and other local, educational opportunities/programs.
• Ability to understand community, state, and federal support programs.
• Understanding of local businesses hiring procedures.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
CBH offers an exceptional BENEFIT package.
For full time employees, benefits include: Medical (minimal premium cost to employee), Dental (Employer Paid), Vision (employer paid), 403B Retirement (5% employer contribution after 1 year of employment), Life Insurance (Employer Paid), Short-term Disability (Employer Paid), and Employee Assistance Program. Dependents covered on medical, dental and vision at cost to employee.
12 paid holidays 6.77 hours of PTO accrual per pay period for years 1-3, increases after year 3. PTO accumulation starts at hire and is available for use as accumulated. Employees are eligible for elective training reimbursement of ($1000/yr for unlicensed clinicians and $1500/yr for licensed clinicians.) CBH also offers sabbatical of 22 days after 10 years of service and annual elective training fund that includes 5 paid days for training. Relocation assistance, supervision towards licensure available.
Application can be found on our website at https://www.clatsopbh.org/careers.php
Please submit application along with your cover letter, resume and references as directed from our website.