Open Until Filled (Seniority Bid 7/06/22)
Since 1979, the Portland community has trusted Central City Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change. Every year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing or at risk of homelessness with affordable and supportive housing, person-centered health care, addiction recovery and employment assistance. By providing health care, housing and jobs, CCC is ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their highest potential.
CCC’s Old Town Recovery Center is seeking an RN/Case Manager III to join our Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team!
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM with flexibility for 4/10 scheduling option. Must have the ability to work some weekends and holidays, rotation of carrying the team pager for one week at least every 8 weeks where responsible for responding to after hours crisis events both via phone and in person.
The RN/Case Manager works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management and integrated dual diagnosis treatment. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing.
The Successful Candidate:
You are able to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved communities during decision-making processes, to deliver high quality care to a vulnerable population of clients. You are knowledgeable about nursing theory and practice, and exhibit good nursing judgment in the management care of the emotionally ill. You have advanced knowledge and skills in counseling and assessment techniques, including assessing for risk of danger to self and others.
Duties to Include:
- Participate in Outreach activities necessary to offer services and engage participation in a non-coercive manner. Escort clients to meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Collect information regarding clients’ history through a combination of interviewing, records review, and consultation, after obtaining written consent.
- Conduct and document Mental Health Assessments, including mental status exam, DSM diagnosis, and clinical formulation.
- Develop treatment plan with client.
- Provide direct care and delegate care of patients as indicated by patient needs.
- Triage and assess clients in clinic & community settings.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings and case conferences with team members in order to utilize interdisciplinary expertise and facilitate individual treatment plans for clients
- Formulate individualized nursing care plans and participate in patient care meetings.
- Participate in evaluating clients for risk of harm & initiate Directors Custody transport holds when appropriate.
- Administer medications and treatments as directed by the standing orders.
- Consult with other health team members to lend guidance as necessary.
- Collaborate with Residential facilities, Adult Foster homes or other housing providers to provide necessary treatment services and coordinate residential and non-residential treatment and service planning.
- Participate in admission and discharge planning for any client needing hospitalization or subacute level of care. Client contact must be made within one working day of admission.
- Monitor and assure that the health and safety needs of clients are met.
- Coordinate services with all members of client’s support network.
- Maintain client records as required by program standards and funding requirements including documentation of clinical/medical interactions, behavioral health assessments & individual service plans.
- Participate in the rotation of carrying after-hours pager and providing holiday coverage with other members of team/program.
- Monitor patient condition, note changes in status, utilize judgment and take appropriate action.
- Assist the staff physician.
- Accurately and concisely document patient care activities and information.
- Completion of an accredited two, three or four year course of training for nurses.
- Current Oregon RN license.
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Two years’ experience in psychiatric or addictions nursing.
- Current CPR certification or must obtain within one month if not current.
- Must be able to document nursing interventions and responses to care. Do so in an accurate, legible, and intelligible manner.
- Must become a certified Director’s Custody designee in Multnomah County within the first 6 months of hire.
- Has the competencies necessary to:
- Identify precipitating events;
- Gather histories of mental, emotional land physical disabilities, alcohol and drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts;
- Assess family, social and work relationships
- Conduct a mental status assessment
- Document a multiaxial DSM diagnosis
- Write and implement or supervise implementation of a treatment plan
- Conduct and document a mental health assessment
- Provide mental health treatment and rehabilitative services within one’s scope of practice
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Must be available for after hours pager and holiday coverage rotation.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 4.25% in your 1styear, 6% in the 2nd year, and 8% in your 3rd year!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14 and 21.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)