Close Date: Open Until Filled (Seniority Bid: 8/1/2022)
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Old Town Recovery Center is seeking a Mental Health Clinician QMHP for the ACT Team!
$3000 hiring bonus available for this position.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Must be able to work weekends and holidays on a rotating basis and share in carrying the crisis phone for one week every ten weeks to manage after hours and weekend crisis response needs.
The Mental Health Counselor, QMHP works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management and integrated dual diagnosis treatment. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing.
- Collect information regarding clients’ history through a combination of interviewing, records review, and consultation, after obtaining written consent. Conduct and document Mental Health Assessments, including mental status exam, DSM diagnosis, and clinical formulation.
- Develop treatment plan with client.
- Participate in outreach activities necessary to offer services and engage participation in a non-coercive manner. Escort clients to meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Collaborate with Residential facilities, Adult Foster homes or other housing providers to provide necessary treatment services and coordinate residential and non-residential treatment and service planning.
- Participate in admission and discharge planning for any client needing hospitalization or subacute level of care. Client contact must be made within one working day of admission.
- Maintain client records using an electronic medical record. Must be documented as required by program standards and funding requirements including documentation of clinical interactions, behavioral health assessments & individual service plans.
- Participate in the rotation of carrying after-hours pager and providing holiday coverage with other members of team/program.
- Master’s degree in a human services field and one year experience in mental health. Experience with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) preferred.
- At minimum, must meet State guidelines for QMHP and be registered with appropriate state board.
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Must have current CPR certification or obtain before employment
- If driving, must qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive employer match!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)