Oregon Zero Suicide Mini-Grant Funding Opportunity: Grant to Support Zero Suicide Implementation and Suicide Safer Care in Priority Communities (Due Aug. 13; see materials attached)
The Association of Community Mental Health Programs (AOCMHP), with funding from the Oregon Health Authority, will provide up to ten 1-year mini-grants, ranging from $15,000 to $35,000 to healthcare organizations or care coordination partners to support one of the following efforts:
1) Zero Suicide Initiative Implementation Support: Support implementation of the Zero Suicide framework in Oregon health systems to reduce suicide risk for adults 25 and older. Health systems must have established Zero Suicide efforts in place.
2) Safer Suicide Care Initiatives for Priority Communities: Support population-specific safer suicide care initiatives in Oregon health systems, care coordination partners, care facilities or community-based organizations focused for three priority communities: (1) older adults (65 and older), (2) adults with serious mental illness, and (3) veterans and individuals that have served in the military.
The funding period is August 29, 2023 – August 28, 2024. Mini-grants funds in the total amount of $270,000 are available through OHA Grant #SM083398 from the US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s Zero Suicide in Health Systems grant. Priority will be given to proposals that include equity and lived experience considerations to inform project implementation.
Given there are two tracks (Zero Suicide Initiative Implementation Support or Safer Suicide Care Initiatives for Priority Communities), there are separate Request for Proposals for each track. Attached you will also find a budget template and a workplan template. Organizations may use the attached templates or a budget/workplan format of their choosing.
Applications are due by 11:59pm on August 13. Applications and supporting materials should be submitted electronically to Maria Gdontakis Pos at AOCMHP (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Content questions may be addressed to: Meghan Crane, OHA PHD at email@example.com.
An informational webinar was held on July 25. You can watch a recording on the informational webinar here.
- Information/application posted: July 11, 2023
- Deadline for applications: August 13, 2023 at 11:59pm
- Notice of Award: August 25, 2023
- Project start date: August 29, 2023
- Project end date: August 28, 2024
- Final report due: September 30, 2024